Thursday, May 28, 2009

Every Body's Blogging for the Weekend

My group at work all agreed one day that we would take 30 minutes to break, whether for lunch or for a walk or whatever, to make sure we are not stressing ourselves out.  My whole division had a "repot and share your plants" break today, which I spent my time on today.  

This little aloe looking guy was one of the plants I broke into about 5 different plants for folks to take.  Hooray for sharing!  

That means, however, that my lunch time blog post must be short.  So, for today, I offer you my yummy peach iced tea recipe.

Peach Iced Tea
- 4 black tea bags (we use red rose)
- 4 peach tea bags (we use celestial seasonings)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups of peach juice (we use juicy juice, which is not strictly all peach but is 100% juice)

Put all 8 tea bags into a glass container.  I like my large pyrex measuring cup for this, and add 4 cups of water that you boiled and let sit for a minute or two while you got the cup and wrangled the tea.  

Let this steep for at least ten minutes.  If you wander around the house because your two year old desperately needs someone to play cars with for a half hour or your spouse needs help moving the sofa to vacuum and it sits for 30 minutes or even an hour, it will probably be OK.

Remove the tea bags with some tongs and pour in 3 cups of peach juice. 

You can pour this into a glass over ice and enjoy it immediately, or you can put it in the fridge and wait for it to cool off, serving over ice as needed.

It's just sweet enough without being overpowering, and it's sweetened with juice and not sugar, so you can feel at least somewhat healthy about it.

Yummy summer drink!

(This works equally well with cherry tea and cherry juice, by the way.)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment