Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mostly Pantry Dinner

I made tasty rice in my Neuro Fuzzy Logic rice cooker tonight, that I thought I would share.

(Also, hi! I've been trying to buy a house, nursing the menfolk back from swine flu, and then at a conference, and now home.)

I started by frying up:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small white onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
And put that into the rice cooker with:
  • 1 'rice cooker cup' of rice
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 14-ounce can of veggie broth
  • 1 14-ounce can of tomatoes
While that was rice cookering I boiled/microwaved up:
  • 1 cup of multi colored carrots*
  • 1 10-ounce package of sugar snap peas
and stirred those in at the end along with:
  • the juice of 1 tangerine
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 2-3 tsp smoked paprika
  • another tsp grated ginger
Man it was good. I also fried some shrimp in vegetable oil and some curry powder for the side. Very yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment